Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Feels And The Feelings They Give

Hello Kittens! The sweater is coming along nicely...
...and I've decided that it's a music day so I'm linking songs that are awesome to me today. To be fair, they might be awesome on other days, too, but today is today and these are awesome today. I don't really care for P-exclamation point-nk but  Blow Me (One Last Kiss) came on the radio on the drive home from work and I really dug it. I get an itch sometimes. Not the kind that needs to be cured with creams and salves but the itch that needs scratchin' with songs of the soul. So we got home, I put the Wee One in a basin full of water and tuned into my Chris Isaak station. The first song wasn't a Chris Isaak song - they don't play a lot of them on that station but what can you do? - but House Of The Rising Sun by The Animals. The video is atrocious but just listen, it will do your body good.  There were a few songs that aren't worth mentioning because they...weren't awesome for me today but then Clapton's 1992 version of Layla came on and caused a riot in my insides. I know where I was the first time I heard it and it was not a good place. But I am nostalgic for that time in my life. Don't get me wrong, most of the 90's were a shit show for me but it was a show that had a kick-ass soundtrack.

What else is happening? Oh, yeah. Learning about water displacement is big at our house lately so my place looks like a sub that's taking on water faster than I can shove cheese in my mouth hole.

I've got buckets and vases and vah-ses and coins and crap strewn all about the place. There are towels in various degrees of wetness EVERYWHERE and I had to use a tea towel to dry off my bits this morning. My sea legs are getting weary and there's no sign of the shore at Casa de Glad I Don't Pay The Water Bill Around Here.

For the rest of the night, I think me and the Wee One might just snuggle up, resume our knitting, and start another Harry Potter marathon. I like the one with magic in it.

One more for the road...You Wreck Me for The Doll and his love of all things Petty.


Countdown to Deadline: 56 fun-filled Yuletide days and nights
Remaining sweater work: Body and other sleeve
Terror Alert Level: Green
Series to Knit by: Leverage - just came to Hulu Plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment