Monday, November 4, 2013

You Went And Done Did It Now, Neighbor

Well...I started back up my sweater at work. I know, I know I took great care with my stitch count. I double checked my row chart. I did okay. I think. I'm too tired to care.

I am knackered from the time change and from my dodgy new neighbors waking me up at frick off o'clock so I am not having it. ANY of it. Last night, my arsehole building buddies decided to bring the bar home and watch, what I can only imagine, is the funniest movie of all time - intermittently seasoned with smokers hacking . So being the friendly, loving, caring, and patient neighbor that I am, I wrote the following note to try and make them see the error of their fun-loving, white trash ways:

Dearest Neighbor,

While I am sure you enjoy a good time as much as anyone, there is a time and place for it. The place is occasionally your apartment and the time is never at three in the morning.

The walls aren't super thin but they are not made of lead, either. You are also part of a shared ventilation system which can and does send echoes throughout many apartments.

Please consider these things the next time you want to have a good time. Thusly, consider this your first and only warning. Our building has a very low tolerance for police calls. It takes one call to get a hefty fine placed alongside your monthly rent and two to receive an eviction notice. Choose. But choose wisely.

Thanks for - hopefully - not being a bitchhole,
A neighbor concerned about your impending homelessness




I think it gets the point across nicely and that I sound quite sweet and understanding.


Just in case - is anyone looking for a new apartment that comes equipped with a super awesome, pleasant as a pheasant neighbor?


No comments:

Post a Comment