Monday, October 20, 2014

I Applesauce, Therefore I Must Have A Lot Of Apples.

TODAY! I can applesauce. Can I applesauce? STAY TUNED!

Well, a week or so ago, The Doll and I got our grubby little mitts on 70+ Honeycrisp apples.

What to do, what to do? APPLESAUCE! And if you're finding yourself with your own apple madness, keep those peels! There's lots you can do with them!

But - UGH - how do I prepare that many apples (peel, cut, core) without wanting to murder anyone within the vicinity of a million miles?!

TA DA!


No, not the slave labor of a small child but an apple peeler! Yes, this is from AVON and I just so happen to sell AVON but I still would have needed one anyway sooooooo...moving on!

Let me show you what happens when you have 20-30 minutes and a mighty fine apple-slaughtering machine:




That's not true. That took about 10 minutes.

APPLE SLICES!



APPLE GOOP!



APPLESAUCE!

And that, kittens and toms, is that!

Oh, and all those peels?

APPLE JUICE!



Added the leftover water from the hot tubbing fun of the apples to the peels and simmered. Oh. My. Goodness. It is perfect and warm and stinking the house up something wonderfully.

Mission accomplished? Sure. If the pressure cooker doesn't kill us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment