Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The March To Mordor

A while ago, I started knitting the On The Move (Felted Skate Bag) by Joan of Dark from her book Knockdown Knits. While I decided to add a little pizzazz to the bottom with a little Noro Kureyon, I had recently snagged some Fishermen's Wool on sale and made that the main yarn. One skein of FW in and it looked promising so I went out about town to procure some more fishy woolen goodness to finish the project. Hobby Lobby? Nope. Walmart? None. Now, I have yet to hit Michaels because it's all the way across town and I'm sure they are going to have it in but, seriously? There are places that sell yarn that don't carry FW? That string is everywhere. EVERYWHERE! I'm stalled mid-project and I'm slightly panicked but I will press on with my sweater and try to fake being blissfully unaware that I may have to resort to back alley, black market dealings to obtain my preciousssssssssssss.




Knitting on the sweater at work is proving to be a bit risky as I am constantly losing my place in the set-up rounds for the body. The sleeve looks nice and seems to fit properly but...well, the wait and see and no swatching technique always works out for everyone, yes?


Until next time, Kittens.


Countdown to Deadline: 58 fun-filled Yuletide days and nights
Remaining sweater work: More than most
Terror Alert Level: Green
Series to Knit by: Still waiting for divine inspiration...or something good to come on the tee vee

No comments:

Post a Comment